Create an Instance Snapshot
After you have created an Instance, you can make a Snapshot of this Instance.
- Go to ‘Compute’ -> ‘Instances’ (link).
- Click on the dropdown arrow on the right side of the Instance you want to create a Snapshot of and select ‘Create Snapshot'.
- Enter a name for your Snapshot. *optionally add a description for your Snapshot.
- Click on ‘Create Instance Snapshot’.
You will automatically be taken to the tab ‘Images’ where you can see your new Snapshot.
Restore an Instance Snapshot
After you have created an Instance Snapshot you can restore the Snapshot to an Instance.
- Go to ‘Compute’ -> ‘Images’ and find the snapshot you have created. (link).
- Click on ‘Launch’ next to the Snapshot you want to restore.
- Enter a name for the Instance you are about to create in ‘Instance Name’.
- Click on 'Next' and select the flavor you require.
*Keep in mind that the instance snapshot has a few requirements as well (Min Disk, Min RAM and Format).
- Click on ‘Next' and select the network(s) that you want to attach to your instance.
- Click on ‘Next' and select the Security Group(s) that you want to apply to your instance.
- Click on ‘Next' and select, import or create a key pair to use with this instance.
- Click on 'Launch Instance' if you do not need to import a Customization Script.
- Go to ‘Compute -> Instances’ and click on ‘Associate Floating IP’ next to the newly created instance. (link)
- Select an available Floating IP or request a new Floating IP by clicking on the ‘+’ sign and click on ‘Associate'
Your restored Instance is now running and is accessible with the selected Key and Security Group.