OpenStack's network service provides an easy system for managing the network connectivity within Fuga Cloud. Here you can quickly create and assign new networks and IP addresses. For this guide, we assume that you have some knowledge about working with subnets.
Creating a network
- Open your Fuga Cloud dashboard and choose your project.
- Click on the Network tab to show all the networking options.
- Click on the tab Networks, which appeared from the previous step.
- Next, click on Create Network in the top left corner.
- Specify your new network name (should be unique) in the network tab and click Next.
- Fill in the information in the Subnet tab:
- Subnet Name is optional. Specify a name for this subnet.
- Fill out the Network Address for your subnet (e.g. 192.168.0.0/24).
- Gateway IP is optional. You usually leave this field blank and leave Disable Gateway deselected.
- Click Next.
- It’s time to determine the Subnet Details in the Subnet Detail tab.
- Leave Enable DHCP on by default.
- Leave Allocation Pools blank by default.
- Now we need to supply the DNS Name Servers you will be using for your instances (e.g. 22.214.171.124).
- Leave Host Routes blank by default.
- Click Create.
Now you can see your network in the networks tab. You can always edit the network later or add another subnet.